Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Blood in urine; no stones, no infections.

Jjgiebz

Cavy Gazer
Hello - I have been googling my pigs? symptoms and came across a thread on this page from 2013 started by pokeypig. I tried to reply to that thread, but I guess it was too old. Pokeypig?s symptoms sound similar to what my pigs are going through, and I wondered if pokeyepig - or anyone else - has any insight. Below is a cut and paste of my attempted response to pokeypig. Thanks in advance.

That could be it! Thank you for the info. The bleeding seems to come and go, and sometimes it's thick- like coagulated or like a discharge.

Hi - I see this is a very old thread but I wondered if you could tell me how this story ended. I currently have two pigs who are pretty regularly peeing blood, and neither has a stone or UTI.

i have a one year old neutered boar - Gus - and a ca 2 year old intact sow - Peppa. Peppa has circa monthly ?episodes? during which she seems to be blocked, is crying in pain, and blood actively comes out of her urethra. After an hour or so she pees (it comes out pink to red with blood) and seems to return to normal after that. She has not passed a stone that I can find. This has been going on since July and lately she has been somewhat lethargic. She?s lost 90 grams in he past month, but the vet can find nothing wrong. X-rays, blood work, ultrasound, all normal. Urinalysis shows blood, but no infection.

Gus does not exhibit the same pain symptoms and does not bleed freely the way Peppa does, but he regularly has bright red, coagulated/thick looking blood in his urine. He was just running around with a chunk of it stuck to his side. X-rays and blood work are normal, and again urinalysis shows blood but no infection.

I have them both on metacam, and tonight I started giving Peppa critical care with her dinner (she lost almost 20g since yesterday) but I am otherwise at a loss. Any advice you have from your situation would be much appreciated.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.