Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wanting to introduce a 3rd piggie

Korea

Cavy Slave
I already have two male piggies. They came together when i got them but i feel like because its just the two the one piggie gets easily bothered by the pther asserting thwir dominance. There has been no fighta or cteeth chattering but i thought it may help if i got a new pal for them. Also they are both not neutered but i am looking into getring it done. Any advice on this would be very helpful

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you already have two males, do NOT introduce a third. Boar trios almost never work out, and you would likely end up with three solo pigs who won't get along with anyone else.

What you're describing sounds like normal behavior to me.

Snugglybutt

Cavy Slave
Yes, unfortunately boar trios rarely work :( I was pretty disappointed when I first found that out! If you plan on neutering them with the purpose of adding a sow, that will not work either. There can be only 1 boar per female or herd. There are obviously exceptions but I would not risk it.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto the others. Don't do it. There'll be way more aggression with three pigs than with two.

Korea

Cavy Slave
Thx everyone for the advice. Ive just decided to tey and give them some temporary more room until i find a bigger primary cage

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.