Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Can my Guinea Pig be Compatable with other guinea pigs?

Henry And Yuki

Cavy Slave
Hi guys!

I have a question.

I have one guinea pig at the moment. His name is Henry. He is about 1 year and three or four months old. Right now I have been spending a lot of time on Petfinder searching to find him a younger guinea pig companion, but I'm worried that they won't be friends. Henry is the most friendly guinea pig. When I pet him, he will sometimes purr and occasionally rumble strut at my hand. When I pick him up. He bites my shirt or his fleece while throwing his head up.

Before, when Henry was younger, Henry had a companion named Bruno. I hadn't researched much about guinea pig bonding, or why you should adopt a guinea pig. I think Bruno was a little bit bigger compared to Henry. They were a good pair, but Bruno mounted Henry a couple times, and my family and I thought they were fighting, so we returned Bruno back to the pet store (we were horrible owners, we didn't know why it is bad to get guinea pigs from big brand pet stores).

I might be able to get a bonding session for Henry and another guinea pig from a rescue (but the rescue guinea pig has an appointment with another guinea pig, and he might get adopted).

I'm wondering if Henry can bond with another guinea pig, and if it is just about matching personalities, or if Henrys is one of those guinea pigs that like to be alone.

Thanks,

Henry And Yuki

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.