Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

I need help! Piggy parents of momma piggy please help me!

fyffe2017

Cavy Slave
I got a female piggy and I've had her since August 13th. She has been gaining a lot of weight and I realized SHE'S PREGNANT! As of right now you can see the babies move and feel them kick/roll/move when you hold or touch her. I have no idea how far along she is... The person who had her shouldn't have ever got an animal. I found her locked in a dresser drawer, malnourished, and terrified. It's taken me almost a month to get trust built up in her. She will hand feed now and play with me. I have no idea how old she is, how far along she is, or her past!

I want to give her the absolute best chances and so do my babies. I have a 2 and 4 year old who are in love with her.
Is there a way to find out how old baby girl is or is it just gonna be a guessing game? Any advice leading to delivery that can help me? I've read thousands of website and watched live birthing videos to get ready. I'm just so worried about her! Please help me!

She has doubled in size if not tripled in the last month and a half. She's eating good and drinking good! Just nervous as I have fell in love with her and I'm so worried about her!

Advice welcome!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Is there a way to find out how old baby girl is or is it just gonna be a guessing game?

There is no definitive way to ascertain the age of a cavy, but a cavy-savvy Vet can often pretty accurately estimate the age based on several physical markers. Thank you for rescuing this girl and giving her a loving forever home!

fyffe2017

Cavy Slave
She so amazing! I felt so bad for her and I didn't exactly take time to ask if I could have her. The people that had her had 6 and 4 had died from malnutrition and they were all still in the cage dead... I'm not sure if the other one is still alive or not.
I live in an area where we have vets for dogs and cats, maybe the occasional farm animal. I have no way of contacting a vet unless it's 8-10 hours away. I literally cried seeing her and I may never forget that scared and hurt little squeal she let out that got my attention.

The people who who had her threatened to call the police if I didn't bring her back but they would have lost all their animals so they backed off. Needless to say the ASPCA went up there a few days later.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Kudos to you for saving this little girl and her future family! With all the research you are doing it sounds like she is in good hands! There are so many experienced piggy parents out here, I’m sure you will get lots of advice. Best of luck to you!

fyffe2017

Cavy Slave
My view as of 8am!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.