Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Diarrhea Hazel's Medical Thread

livichi7

Cavy Slave
Hi, so my guinea pig hazel has been acting strange last night. Her fur was all puffed up and she looked stressed. Today I came home and she was hiding in her hut and there was smeared poop everywhere. I?m leaving to go to nyc tonight for 5 days an a pet sitter is coming to take care of them, so I cannot take her to vet. Is this going to spread to the other guinea pig, luna? How should I clean up all of the dihrea
(it?s not going in my washer) and what should I do to help her?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Diarrhea is a VERY bad symptom in a guinea pig. She needs to see an exotic vet ASAP.

It may or may not spread to your other pig -- depends on what is causing it.

The immediate thing to do is to stop all vegetables and fruit and get her to a vet. Maybe you can arrange for your pet sitter to get her there.

livichi7

Cavy Slave
So what I did was take out all the fleece, separate the girls, replace the bedding and then filled up the hay racks and then let them be. She seems to be doing a lot better, her poops are solid and she is eating and has more energy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.