Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello! I forgot to introduce myself and my piggies!

Re: Hello! I forgot to introduce myself and my piggies!

What you can do until you get a bigger cage, and might make it much easier on yourself, is give them lots of more floor time. That's what I had to do with my last piggy until I got a C&C. He was in a small cage since I didn't have the room, so I would put him in the middle of the floor in a giant playpen for most of the night (and some of the day). He was a solo piggy though. Now I have two, who like to chase each other and rumblestrut to the moon and back.

I know it's still going to be a bit small, but what do you guys think about this idea? Using the store bought cage as the "kitchen" food, hay, and an extra water bottle in the store bought cage. and then the Midwest as the living area. I'd put pigloos and a water bottle and toys in there. I know it wouldn't be making much of a difference but it's better than just the Midwest cage right? Just at least until I move out. When I move out they'd have their own room and I'd build a c&c cage as large as I could. But how about this for now?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Oh and those aren't my pictures, I found them on Google as a reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetann1295 View Post
    I know it's still going to be a bit small, but what do you guys think about this idea? Using the store bought cage as the "kitchen" food, hay, and an extra water bottle in the store bought cage. and then the Midwest as the living area. I'd put pigloos and a water bottle and toys in there. I know it wouldn't be making much of a difference but it's better than just the Midwest cage right? Just at least until I move out. When I move out they'd have their own room and I'd build a c&c cage as large as I could. But how about this for now?

The store bought cage I have now is a large rabbit cage.

Ultimately it's your boars who will decide if the cage is too small. If they are bickering constantly and even fighting, it's much too small. Not to mention, your piggies are puberty aged so there's always the chance of there being a fallout between the two. Also, since you have two piggies, make sure to have two of everything! Toys, water bottles, etc.