Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Can I build a Guinea Pig Tower for 4-5 Guinea Pigs?

iiVTG

Cavy Slave
Hi guys, first time here. I currently have four female cavvies whom I bought a week ago. They are in a large horizontal C&C cage I made myself which has worked out pretty well. The problem I'm running into is, my room space is very limited, and I would love to reduce the floor space taken up by an enclosure. I have storage square grid pieces which are about 14 in by 14 in, or 196 sq in each. I was thinking I could create a tower with 3 to 6 levels and small ramps up each level for easy transportation up and down by my cavvies. Each level would be four square grid pieces, or about 28 in by 28 in. Each floor would have a grid with a coroplast over it and bedding over that so nothing would drop down.

I tried Google searching for something similar to my idea, but I could only find ones with two or three levels. I would like something a bit taller.

Has anyone attempted this before? Is it a good idea? What should I watch out for? Please help! Thanks. :)

lissie

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC!

Guinea pigs need space to run laps and they don't like to climb. It's why tall cages are not recommended for them.

For 4 girls, the recommended cage size is 2x6 grids (28 inches by 84 inches)
If you separate them into two pairs, you could do stacked cages with 2x4 grids (28 inches by 56 inches)

(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.