Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Can you connect two Midwest Cages without Ramps

Mjohn120

Cavy Gazer
Sorry if this is already written somewhere. . . I couldn't find it myself.

I recently got a Midwest cage as an upgrade for my two girls. I know it's not big enough for them, but it was a stretch to even make enough room for it at the time in my tiny apartment. I let them out for floor time and they seem relatively happy in the cage. I went ahead and got fleece liners, a Diner, and a coroplast base for the cage when I thought they would need to stick with the cage for some time.

However, now I'm looking into moving into a bigger place. I was wondering if there's any way to connect two Midwest cages, without having to use the ramps. I could just wait until I'm able to create my own C&C Cage (save up, plan out, and order it), but didn't really want to let all of the stuff I just got for the Midwest cage go to waste-- if there's a way to connect the two without forcing my girls to use ramps.

Please don't suggest the Midwest Mezzanine as an expansion, since I want to give my girls a lot of space to run around, and it wouldn't be enough to just add an upper level.

Also, how often do most people wash their fleece and change the diner bedding? I've been changing the bedding nearly every other day, and the fleece every 2-3 days (and sweeping once a day), but I'm wondering if I'm over-doing it. I just hate the thought of my piggies having to lay/sit/run around on urine-soaked fleece. I do have little beds that I switch out every day.

wheekermommy

Cavy Slave
Yes you can connect them without the ramps and it is recommended you do that way. I have seen plenty of pictures of it done but haven't been able to find a how-to guide.

Are you connecting them to make a large square or a long rectangle?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.