Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Found a baby rabbit in box

Squiggles

Cavy Slave
Well, this is new for me, since I'm all about piggies. But I was taking boxes to the side of the road this afternoon, and I saw something moving. It's a baby rabbit, and it has to be maybe a few weeks old (photo attached). I plan on taking him to the nature center tomorrow morning, but what do I do for the night? He doesn't want any hay or veggies, so I'm thinking maybe critical care? I would leave him outside for hopefully his mother to find him, but we have a lot of predators around here, and he's sure to be eaten. Right now, I have him in a huge soft cat carrier with some blankets and hay, but he doesn't have any interest. Is there anything I should do?

39614195_1917697391583751_5308441979988738048_n.jpg

Hutch

Cavy Gazer
Well, this is new for me, since I'm all about piggies. But I was taking boxes to the side of the road this afternoon, and I saw something moving. It's a baby rabbit, and it has to be maybe a few weeks old (photo attached). I plan on taking him to the nature center tomorrow morning, but what do I do for the night? He doesn't want any hay or veggies, so I'm thinking maybe critical care? I would leave him outside for hopefully his mother to find him, but we have a lot of predators around here, and he's sure to be eaten. Right now, I have him in a huge soft cat carrier with some blankets and hay, but he doesn't have any interest. Is there anything I should do?

View attachment 85178
So cute!

Hutch

Cavy Gazer
Well, this is new for me, since I'm all about piggies. But I was taking boxes to the side of the road this afternoon, and I saw something moving. It's a baby rabbit, and it has to be maybe a few weeks old (photo attached). I plan on taking him to the nature center tomorrow morning, but what do I do for the night? He doesn't want any hay or veggies, so I'm thinking maybe critical care? I would leave him outside for hopefully https://hungarian-grand-prix.com, but we have a lot of predators around here, and he's sure to be eaten. Right now, I have him in a huge soft cat carrier with some blankets and hay, but he doesn't have any interest. Is there anything I should do?

View attachment 85178
So cute!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd get him to the nature center today if at all possible, or call them and ask if there's a wildlife rehabber near you who will take him. The survival rate for wild baby rabbits in captivity is abysmally low, so the sooner you can get him to someone who's experienced in caring for him, the better chance he'll have.

andree

Cavy Gazer
Thanks for the link.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.