Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General I Need Help Convincing My Mom to Get Another Piggy

ALovePig

Cavy Gazer
Hi :[ I need help convincing my mom to get another pig. I've already tried the reason, "what if you were alone", and "you should be able to take care of a guinea pig properly if you get one". My mom's reasoning is that he is already well cared for, and that I can already play with him. She also says that we can't afford another one to take care of. Please give suggestions or advice of what to do!

Snugglybutt

Cavy Slave
Humans cannot speak guinea pig! A person can play with their pig all they want, but they aren't a guinea pig. They are social animals and should always be in at least a pair (or two lone pigs living side-by-side). A piggy with a friend will be more confident and happier.

That being said, if your mom actually cannot afford another one, then how would you feed both? What happens if they need to go to the vet? Are you able to get a job to help out?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto @Snugglybutt. Medical care is just as much a part of responsible pet ownership as food and housing, and vet costs for pigs can be very expensive. How much could you contribute if your pig needed surgery?

ALovePig

Cavy Gazer
My mom uses the money problem as an excuse, I think we could afford another guinea pig and cut down on costs. I don't know what would happen if we had to go to the vet, and I'm way too young to get a job :(.

ALovePig

Cavy Gazer
Also, if a piggy needed surgery, I could pay for part of it with my savings.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.