Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love you, Sly. Goodbye, little bear.

Re: I love you, Sly. Goodbye, little bear.

Quote Originally Posted by SSLee View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss of Sly. I do not log on to the site over the weekend but first thing at work, I always log on and read Sly's medical thread. I am crying now as I am typing this and need to pull myself together before my colleagues arrive. Sly lived a wonderful life with you and you have shown me what dedication for a pet means. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of Sly's live through your posts. A big virtual hug to you during this most difficult time!
    Thank you for your condolences, and your kind words. I would give anything to be able to continue his thread, but I swore from the beginning that I would not ever let him suffer. When it became very apparent that he was, and that he had to choose between breathing or eating, I knew it was time to let him go. The vet confirmed this. It is to date the most difficult thing I've ever had to do.

As for dedication? Sly taught ME what dedication for a pet should be. He was a member of my family, as all my pigs are and have been. Losing him was no different for me than losing a child.

Thank you for sharing Sly's life through my posts in his medical thread. Even though you never met him, you shed tears over his loss. I have no doubt that you have what it takes to be an exemplary piggie parent in your own right.

The tattoo I got for Sly is now done. When this one heals fully, I will have a second done for Pooper.

The dogtag necklaces I've ordered to remember my boys have also arrived.

I miss them so very, very much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-08-13 20.26.07.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	85159

Name:	2018-08-14 16.27.49.jpg 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	85160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-08-14 16.28.02.jpg 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	85161

I just logged on for the first time in a long while and this was the first thread I saw! I'm so sorry to hear of Sly's passing. It's always been clear from how you talk about him in your posts that he was an amazing little creature and very much loved. I know how much you struggled with his medical issues, and your dedication has been such an inspiration. Now matter how long we've had them, or what age they were, or how many have come before, or how many may follow after, it never gets easier to say goodbye. I feel very much that there is a humanizing nobility in loving animals. To love animals is to be willing to get your heart broken over and over again, and to keep reaching out one more time. My heart goes out to you.

"My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel the Rabbit, Watership Down

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner Artista's Avatar

Love the tatoo and the tags. They are with you in another way now too. Those pigs were loved so much and they loved you. They are now angels, one on each shoulder. Xo

The tattoo looks great, and the tags are beautiful. I'm so glad you have something to hold onto along with the many wonderful memories.

Name:	2018-08-22 09.31.23.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	85179Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-08-22 17.22.34.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	85180

Name:	2018-08-22 17.23.41.jpg 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	85181

Together again. I miss you, boys. I love you.

You really did a great job on their memorials. I'm sure they're wheeking with happiness as they watch you from the rainbow bridge.