Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Bleeding from nose

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
1st I need to let you know that I'm using the voice feature on my cell phone to post this period I came home from work 30 minutes ago to find my Guinea pig patch with blood pouring from his nose. He is also having difficulty breathing. And is very lethargic. He keeps struggling as though he is trying to breathe better. I am hit it to Nashville nail to take him to the only emergency clinic that I think will see exotic spirea I want to post this in case anyone wants to send me some words of encouragement. Or if any Warren my have some idea work might be happening to him. Thank you

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Sorry he's having such problems!

It's possible for nasal bleeding to be caused by a hay poke, but that wouldn't cause all that much blood, nor would it explain the lethargy.

Fingers crossed for you and Patch. Keep us posted.

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
He has died on the way to vet.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am so sorry. What an awful thing to have happen.

I don't know if you want to have a necropsy done to see what happened, but if you do and you can't get him to a vet tonight, put him in the refrigerator, not the freezer, and get him to a vet in the next day or so.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Oh my god. I am so sorry, [MENTION=17593]Kim37040[/MENTION]. I can't imagine the panic you must have been feeling, and the heartache you feel now.

Rest in peace, Patch.

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
I decided against the necropsy. I brought him home and buried him with his favorite toys and placed him beside his sissy, Raven.
Now I have 1 piggy left.
And she has more days behind her than in front. Praying she stays with me for a long long time

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I decided against the necropsy. I brought him home and buried him with his favorite toys and placed him beside his sissy, Raven.
Now I have 1 piggy left.
And she has more days behind her than in front. Praying she stays with me for a long long time

I just want to offer you my most sincere condolences, [MENTION=17593]Kim37040[/MENTION] . You've lost 2 pigs in just over two months, and that has to be so unbelievably heartbreaking.

I hope you and your remaining girl have plenty of time left together. I think you both are going to need each other.

Myself, and my little herd of men send you our best wishes.

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
20180725_220240.jpg

I already miss him

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Our thoughts are with you, [MENTION=17593]Kim37040[/MENTION]. He was a very handsome little man, and he looks like he had a giant personality.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Patch!

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
I have been in touch with the rescue where i adopted joanie and raven. Peggy, the owner, has suggested that because of joanies temperament a younger submissive female or a neutered male would probably work best for her. I dont know if joanie cares about not having a neighbor anymore but i have too much room in my heart and in my home to have only one pig.
I really miss Patch. This morning it hit me hard how much his larger than life personality impacted my day.
No way will i ever find another Patch, but I am looking into another one.
Peggy has a neutered male that she thinks i may like. He is a surrender and came in infested with mites. G
He is a teddy and they have finally got his skin better and neutered him. She says they need a few more weeks to see how he does. Bit she feels he needs a extra special home because of the conditions he came from. So at the end of the month me and Joanie will drive the 3 hours to Knoxville and get another piggy

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am so happy that you have more room I your heart for another little one. I truly hope everything goes well for your and your new little fella. Please let us know how it goes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.