Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Cage openings

Chrstyfrst08

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!! We have the Guinea Pig Cages store's Large cage with wide loft. I plan on buying the fleece flippers for their cages as soon as I have the extra money to help with the cleaning process. I do spot clean every day and a big clean once a week. It is a bit tough to get under the loft to get a good clean or to even take the piggies out when they are in that area. So my question is, is there any way to create a door like opening under the loft on the bottom level of the cage to have access to that area? Thanks!!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
It is a bit tough to get under the loft to get a good clean or to even take the piggies out when they are in that area.

Rather than cutting into the cage structure, simply make the loft an offset loft. That way you will have only one grid's width to clean under vs. two as you probably have it now. I will add a graphic below to show you what I mean.

My loft is SO sturdy that I don't even need the angled grid underneath as a support. To make a really sturdy cage and loft, be sure that each grid is snug in the connectors. Be generous with zip ties at either end of the grids with an additional one in the middle. As a finishing touch, use a high-temperature glue gun and put a couple of drops of glue everywhere a grid joins a connector, That will make everything snug and secure.

My loft has two different colors of coroplast......the old and the new colors. No pics of the all one-color new loft. Just wanted you to see what it looks like in real time.

Offset loft design.jpg Loft - bottom.jpg

Chrstyfrst08

Cavy Slave
This is amazing! Unfortunately, we don't have the space to come out for the offset loft, the french door option may work, although it would still be a tight fit when pulling it out.

curbilly

Cavy Slave
This is amazing! Unfortunately, we don't have the space to come out for the offset loft, the french door option may work, although it would still be a tight fit when pulling it out.

The doors are only the width of a grid, surprisingly it don?t take a lot of space to open them and removed the kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.