Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adult female Guinea pig for adoption

Cassiedeanna

Cavy Slave
I have an adult female Guinea pig for adoption. I don't want to get rid of her but she won't bond with our other piggies. She's still a little skittish but will eat out of your hand and climb in your lap.

MollyJo

Cavy Slave
What is your location? Any pictures?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What do you mean, she won't bond? What kind of behavior is she exhibiting?

Cassiedeanna

Cavy Slave
I live in Miami, FL. And I don't know how to post pictures on here from my phone so i won't be able to until I can get back to my computer.

Cassiedeanna

Cavy Slave
She has my other piggy (neutered male) afraid to be near her. She attacks him whenever he comes out of his hidey hole and he is constantly running from her. They lived together peacefully before but we recently moved and separated them for the drive (10 hours) and now they don't seem to get along. She attacked him earlier today and drew blood so I am concerned about having them together anymore.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Have you done full reintroductions? Neutral space, putting them into a thoroughly cleaned cage that smells nothing like either pig? Given them a buddy bath so the shared terror will get them past her animosity?

See https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html for how to introduce pigs.

Cassiedeanna

Cavy Slave
I've done everything except for the bath. I'll try that.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you give them the bath, put a tiny bit of vanilla on each one's nose afterward. If they both smell the same, that may confuse them enough to cease the hostilities.

Also, make sure every hidey has two doors. If not, throw it away or cut a new door.

How large is your cage?

It's not unusual for a new cage to bring on squabbles. I think if you give it enough time, they'll probably settle down again.

Cassiedeanna

Cavy Slave
It's 4X5 c&c cage

Mahitzfi

Cavy Gazer
I have an adult female Guinea pig for adoption. I don't want to get rid of her but she won't bond with our other piggies. She's still a little skittish but will eat out of your hand and climb in your lap.
Hi!! I live in Saint Petersburg FL. Can you send me pictures of your pig?? I have a female I really want to get another cavy for. Is yours still up for adoption?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.