Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Exotic vet around Hamilton, Ontario

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Can anyone recommend a good exotic vet in or around Hamilton? A user at GL is looking, and needs one pretty quickly.

Thanks.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I just replied over a guinealynx. I'm just going to copy and paste what I wrote there, in case someone stumbles avross this thread while looking for a hamilton vet in the future.

Just curious, which vet did you take her to that said those things?

I'm in Hamilton, unfortunately there isn't a vet that I have found in the actual city that I would trust with anything too major.

There's 1 vet at Stoney Creek Animal Hospital. She has surgical experience, but I have no idea if she does dentals with any success.

Next closest would be Burloak Animal Hospital in Oakville. I haven't ever been there with my pigs, but it is generally regarded as a good clinic for exotics.

Personally, I take my guinea pigs to Guelph. I use Campus Estates Animal Hospital. I have had successful dentals done on guinea pigs there and the vets are amazing. Dr. Liteplo, Dr. Morin, Dr. Pascos and Dr. Louws have all been really good with my pigs. I always make the drive there.

I believe there is also Windrush Veterinary Services in Brantford. There is an actual exotic vet there. I know a couple people use that vet who are happy there. Skinnypigs1 from youtube uses them.

Alternatively, there is a new small pet rescue based in Hamilton. Serenity Pet Sanctuary. They use a Hamilton/Stoney Creek vet, but I'm not sure which one. You could possibly contact them and ask. I don't know how good of a vet it is though.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There is also Dr Suzi Peters in Grimsby, at the Grimsby Animal Hospital. Just off of Bartlett Ave and the QEW. Maybe 20 minutes from Hamilton at most.

My veterinarian, Dr. Alistair Ker, is at the Thorold Veterinary Hospital, it's probably a 40 minute drive from Hamilton.

There is also a new exotic vet here in St. Catharines, just trying to locate her name again. She just moved here from Mississauga. I'll post it if and when I can find it again.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The new exotic vet (cannot locate her name) apparently does work at the Lincoln County Humane Society's Animal Clinic, which is newly opened. Their website offers little information, but their phone number is (905)-688-7722 . They are open today until 4p.m. EST.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.