Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hi. New To The Forum

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I live in Ny state. No children; so my fuzzy babies are my family. Currently I have 1 dog and 2 cats. Ok, make that one normal cat and one crazy speed demon, . I actually joined this forum to talk guinea pigs (I miss mine, I had her for about 7 years), and I'm searching for a new squeaky companion. I really, really am looking for a Texel and just can't seem to find any locally. And, well, I just like the atmosphere from posts I've read while doing texel research so thought I'd join. Hope that's okay as I don't have one yet. Thanks and hope to get to know all of you soon.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,440 Rec'd/991 Posts
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Quoted
    697 Post(s)

Re: Hi. New To The Forum

Hello @FuzzMom,

Your menagerie of furry family members sounds adorable!

It's perfectly fine that you have joined without a current pig. Many people do, in order to research their care before bringing pigs into their home. I found this forum after I had 2 pigs and only after joining did I realize that I had done just about everything wrong! LOL

Texels have a very interesting look. If you give us your zip code -- or at least your general vicinity, we might be able to help you find a rescue that has texels.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,538 Rec'd/1,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1141 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CavyMama View Post
    If you give us your zip code -- or at least your general vicinity, we might be able to help you find a rescue that has texels.
    I'm pretty well connected within the cavy community here in the Northeast. I might be able to help you find a Texel as well. My dearly-departed Maya was a Texel.........as seen in my avatar. She had been a show piggy but was given to me because she had pea eye and couldn't be shown nor bred. If you want a smart, talkative piggy, get an Abby. If you want a calm lap piggy, then consider a Texel. Maya was lovely and sweet, but dumb as a stump. Her cagemate, Chester (neutered Abby) was a real talker and just couldn't figure out why she wouldn't carry on a conversation with him.

Name:  Maya - Pre HC top&side - Copy.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  57.7 KB Name:  Maya - Pre HC face - Copy.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  40.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by spy9doc; 07-01-18 at 02:39 pm.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hi. 13760 in the Endicott Ny area. Cat on Speed, Panther, is crazy enough. She's nuts enough for all my other pets combined, I love her though. Tracker the Brussels Griffon and Ember the gray nonbreed gray cat, are quiet. For a cavy, I'm honestly looking for a big, soft, cuddly lap sponge. Someone that just wants to be held. Looking for this boy or girl in the spring of next year. Reason being, I currently have a housemate that's allergic to hay. She'll be going back to school in the spring so I can get the Gp then. I'd love a showable piggy, just to go to local shows, but that's .not mandatory. Maybe people can weigh in on the differences between getting a baby vs getting an adult. Or should that be a separate post in a different place? Hard to wait; but I figure to use the time for research and finding a healthy fur baby. And don't wory; dog and cats are safe with small pets.

User Tag List