Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Charlie's thread

HollyG

Cavy Slave
@spy9doc I understand that it is a privilege and I appreciate this site very much for all the information it has given me as well as the moderators and admins who volunteer to make this site great. [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION] has given me along with many others on this site advice. However she has also shown impatience towards me since I first came to this site. As newbies it can be intimidating to ask questions and to have someone who is an authority on this site to show impatience and the curtness that she has it can turn people off from using this site. I have gotten so much good information from this forum and strive to give my pig the best life possible, but I have seen the answers given to others that have driven them away from this site, which is unfortunate. I am simply asking her for a bit more patience with newbies and to guide us (myself in particular in this instance) rather than tell us off. My understanding of the forum was not correct and I never intended to be annoying or misuse it but a simple message to me explaining the threads/posts issue would have gone a lot further than threatening to cage me on a public thread.
I never intended to come off as rude when talking to [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION] and I apologize if it seemed like I was attacking. I just think that a little patience, especially to those who may not understand how certain things work would go a long way. People come to this site to get advice and give their cavies the best life possible and it would be a shame for anyone to feel unwelcome and leave this site along with all of the valuable information. I apologize if my words were harsh.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
That comes across as a nicely-written apology. It shows grace and thoughtfulness......well done!

HollyG

Cavy Slave
Thank you [MENTION=19714]spy9doc[/MENTION], like I said, I truly didn't mean to hurt anyone or for my words to come off as unkind. It can be hard when only conversing through typing rather than face to face, I think things can come off completely the wrong way and people may get hurt when that is not the intention.
Again, I am new to forums like this so if I make a mistake let me know. I appreciate everyone's patience as I learn both how the forum works as well as how to better take care of guinea pigs!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.