Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps Piggyback Ramp Questions and Advice

DonkeyBrainz

Cavy Slave
I want to upgrade to a C&C cage but I'm not sure about ramps.
My two boars have always been used to just walking down the doors of their Midwest cages for floor time (I have to cover the "doors" with a towel or they will not come out). That way they can run back in to get hay, food, etc.

I saw on the C&C site that there is a "Piggyback Ramp" which would allow them to do this but I'm not quite sure on how it works.
Does anyone know if it comes with a grid panel (like, with the opening for them to go through) or do I have to order that separately...?
The only other thing I could find that could work were the "French Doors."

Right now my piggies are each in their own Midwest Cage. I would appreciate any advice you can give about what size and additions would be best for each piggy. I'm on a tight budget, and I know I can add on later but I'm not sure if these sizes are big enough.

I was thinking about getting the 2x3 cage for my older piggy. He's only 4 but unfortunately has cancer. I know he can move around and does, but I don't want to make him strain himself. He's pretty spoiled...I hand-feed his veggies if he wants to stay in his Pigloo and put an extra water bottle next to it so he doesn't have to go "all the way" to his kitchen to get a drink. Yes, I have even been known to bring his water bottle to him if he looks like he wants it but doesn't want to get up. So...he's pretty lazy. He has never liked ramps much so he probably wouldn't really care for a loft. His favorite thing to do is play in big piles of hay! I want to get a kitchen that is big enough for that but won't take up the whole cage. So I'm not sure if I should try to get a larger cage for that or not. Right now the kitchen takes up 1/3 of the cage, which he doesn't mind.

My other guy is the opposite of lazy. He's about 18 months old and loves running. He sleeps on top of his Pigloo. He does laps around his cage. I know he would love the Roomie Zoomie loft. I know that I could get him a 2x3 also, with a Narrow Zoomie loft, but I'm not sure if that would leave enough room for a kitchen area. My other option would be to get the 2x4 cage and Narrow Zoomie loft. (Or beg for a bit more money and get the Wide Zoomie Loft with the French Doors for easier cleaning.) Is the Narrow Zoomie Loft worth it, in your opinion? Or should I save up a bit more and go for the Wide one? Do you guys think I should go with the 2x3 or will that be too small for a kitchen and zoomies?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.