Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2 Female being aggressive

I have 3 GP, two of them came from the same store. They are about 1 ? years ago and been together the whole time. They would only hump each other, but recent the fight almost every 2 days and then act like everything never happened. The other I guess (wasn't home) they got in a bad fight that one of my GP now has a corneal ulcer. Should I put them in separate cages, but still see each other or put them in a cage together?

Any help or thoughts are welcome. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,051 Rec'd/5,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1984 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3647 Post(s)

Re: 2 Female being aggressive

How large is the cage? And are there spaces in it where one pig can trap another, like a pigloo? Lack of space is one of the major reasons for guinea pig aggression, and a face wound is a pretty classic sign of a pig that's trapped another and gotten its face slashed..

How sure are you of their ages? Ovarian cysts can make a sow might grumpy, but if they're all only about a year old, that's not likely to be the problem.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There cage is 2 x 6 (C&C). I have put a second holes in the pigloos when they started fighting. I got them when they were about 6 months old, a vet checked up on them after I got them. Its been a year and 1/2 so that means they are about 2 years old. They have a lot of room and there is nothing new/ change in this past month to make them fight aggressively like this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,051 Rec'd/5,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1984 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3647 Post(s)

You might want to consider getting an ultrasound on the most aggressive one and see if ovarian cysts are developing.

User Tag List