Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

How to keep food seperate

I have three Guinea pigs approx 6 months of age. I have been feeding them unlimited pellets which is what the oxbow young pig packaging says to do. Now we are switching to the adult pig pellets and it says 1/8 cup a day per pig. How am I supposed to monitor how much each pig is eating so that some don't get more than others?

Thanks
    Thanks
    20 Rec'd/20 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Re: How to keep food seperate

Quote Originally Posted by Mannmiller4 View Post
    I have three Guinea pigs approx 6 months of age. I have been feeding them unlimited pellets which is what the oxbow young pig packaging says to do. Now we are switching to the adult pig pellets and it says 1/8 cup a day per pig. How am I supposed to monitor how much each pig is eating so that some don't get more than others?
    I would weigh the guinea pigs and make sure one is not losing more weight than usual and one is not gaining more weight than usual.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Re: How to keep food seperate

By giving them smaller amounts and putting them on a scheduled feeding helps. I have 4 piggies all together and one was a baby. I feed them around 6:30 in the morning 1 tablespoon each in 4 little dishes and just pellets no veggies. They get their veggies just before I leave and usually their dishes are empty. Same thing when I come back from work around 4:30 and they get their veggies around 7ish when it's floor time. Sometimes around 10 I'll throw something in there because they sit there and watch me watch tv...

https://www.facebook.com/lesdoudousa...5102201959820/

User Tag List