Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Single MALE, Single FEMALE or Bonded Trio FEMALES (Help Rehome 5 pigs - FLORIDA)

GPMammers

Cavy Gazer
AVAILABLE [5] - Single male, Single female or Bonded Trio females
LOCATION - Tampa, Florida (will consider driving to Orlando, Jacksonville, or South Florida)
ADOPTION FEE - $25/per pig (For an additional charge, can provide C&C cages)

A decision to have a low-maintenance pet turned into a herd of piggies...

Babies were born in my home after we purchased her mother (pregnancy surprise) to be a cagemate. It has become a burden to care for all these piggies the way I feel they deserve (spoiled). I work long hours as a doctor and the maintenance is too much for my love. I would like to find a loving home for some or all of my guinea pigs.

1. SINGLE MALE - Mojo "the ladies man"

• 1.5 y.o (Born November 27, 2016 in my home) - American
  • Mojo has the best personality. He is outgoing and not timid of humans at all. He will lay flat on his belly and wait for a back-scratch or put his paws on your palm when you want to pick him up. He is a very grateful pig. Every time I clean his cage or give him a new blanket, he jumps around the cage and popcorns in excitement. He never bites, but sometimes nibbles at your hand when he wants to be put down. Mojo can be taken as a single or with one of his girlfriend Bubs "next door." They sleep together despite the cage dividers between them (they seem to prefer it this way regardless, kind of like married couples who now sleep in different beds). Another alternative to Bubs would be taking his nearly-identical sister "Pepe le pew." He is not neutered, so dividers are necessary
IMG_2721.jpgHe looks bigger in person

2. SINGLE FEMALE - Bubs "the OG"
  • Approx. 2 y.o - American
  • Bubs has the softest fur out of all of our piggies! Her personality reminds me of a rebellious teenager. She likes to be alone in her "room," is messy at times and when she doesn't like a veggie, she will throw it and sigh at you like "come onn." She was our original pig, but now she has "drama" with the female pigs ever since her cagemate brought babies into the mix (So I guess she'll have to sneak out to the bars and smoke cigs alone until she finds a cooler roommate). She loves lap time and if you snuggle her in a blanket she will cuddle in there for hours. She is versatile because she could be a single, introduced to new females or neutered males. Mojo is her homie so if you are looking for two pigs and don't mind having dividers between, they could go as a pair.
IMG_3365.jpg

3. SINGLE FEMALE (preferred) or adopted as a Bonded Trio Females

- Pepe le Pew (Single or Trio)
  • 1.5 years old (Born November 27, 2016) - American
  • Her name is Pepe le pew, named after the French skunk in Looney Tunes. She was named as a baby when we first thought she was a boy, but the name stuck. The name is fitting because of her colors, but also because she is a pig who needs love to feel safe. She can be shy, but will run right up to you if food is in your hands. Her shyness means she will likely remain the "underdog" pig and a quiet addition to your home. She will sometimes cry out if mama pig just looks at her the wrong way, yet you will always find her cuddled up next to her cagemates for comfort. She will never bite. I am looking for adopters that already have a female pig or are willing to adopt more piggies.
IMG_2720.jpg

- or as Trio Females - Pepe, Ricardo, Moose
  • Pepe: see above
  • Ricardo (but, female): 1.5 y.o - Abyssinian
  • Mama Moose: approx 2 y.o - American
fullsizeoutput_286b.jpg

GPs are healthy and have never been sick (with the exception of Moose/Bubs - they were treated for an ear infection the first month I got them, but have been otherwise healthy). All are fed a well-balanced diet and get plenty of exercise.

• Feel free to message me if interested and you can also find my ads on GuineaPigfinder.com (Username: GPMammers). I will send additional photos upon request.

One more bonus picture before you go. Here is Moose with her babies back in 2016:
IMG_0753.jpg

Mahitzfi

Cavy Gazer
Hi!! I will be living in Saint Petersburg FL starting in September and need another cavy for my female piggie!! I'm so interested!!

TriciaLynn

Cavy Gazer
Hi! How many C & C grids do you have and how much did you want for them? Also, if it comes down to it and Mojo needs a home (perm. or temp.) I can possibly add him to my herd of two ("Fudge" and "Brownie") both males. They are both pretty easy going and if for some reason that do not get along, I do have single sized piggy cages. I am moving to Clearwater from Clermont and I will be in Clearwater next Saturday or Sunday. A Doctor?! GOOD for you! I am a law student (part-time).

TriciaLynn

Cavy Gazer
You wouldn't happen to be a PCP? I have all other doc's already at USF but no PCP yet...it would be great to know another piggie lover to have as a doc!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Please don't try to put a trio of boars together. It's almost guaranteed to fail, and you'll just have a bunch of upset pigs.

Cassiedeanna

Cavy Slave
Hi! Do you still have Mojo? I am trying to find a cage mate for my Male, as he is sort of timid and laid back. Where are you located?

TriciaLynn

Cavy Gazer
Please don't try to put a trio of boars together. It's almost guaranteed to fail, and you'll just have a bunch of upset pigs.

Please read this https://guineapigconnection.typepad.com/pig_notes/2007/03/myth_1_male_gui.html

My boars are not related both are almost 1 yr old ("the baby," Fudge is a much smaller breed and three months younger than "the big boy," Brownie) and they have lived happily together in a very large cage or sometimes two smaller separate cages (when we travel or while cleaning the big cage thoroughly) ever since they were introduced in December. Fedge was just 3 months and Brownie was supposedly 6 months but we have a strong suspicion that he is a little older (they were both rescues from two different people). Too many people jumped to stereotype and much like people they all have different personalities. Also, our large cage can be sectioned off by 1/3 so that wouldn't be a problem either. I am just trying to help her and her piggy out if she doesn't have the time for him. I just finished my first year of law school and I have a child with special needs so with her being a Doctor I can only imagine her time crunch. I have a Mr. Mom Husband otherwise I would not have survived...lol.

TriciaLynn

Cavy Gazer
Please read this https://guineapigconnection.typepad.com/pig_notes/2007/03/myth_1_male_gui.html

My boars are not related both are almost 1 yr old ("the baby," Fudge is a much smaller breed and three months younger than "the big boy," Brownie) and they have lived happily together in a very large cage or sometimes two smaller separate cages (when we travel or while cleaning the big cage thoroughly) ever since they were introduced in December. Fedge was just 3 months and Brownie was supposedly 6 months but we have a strong suspicion that he is a little older (they were both rescues from two different people). Too many people jumped to stereotype and much like people they all have different personalities. Also, our large cage can be sectioned off by 1/3 so that wouldn't be a problem either. I am just trying to help her and her piggy out if she doesn't have the time for him. I just finished my first year of law school and I have a child with special needs so with her being a Doctor I can only imagine her time crunch. I have a Mr. Mom Husband otherwise I would not have survived...lol.

Oh, and we DO follow the rule that everybody gets their own, 2 water bottles, two pellet bowls, two hay feeders, two sleeping quarters and equal playtime out of the cage every day. Also, we feed them their fresh veggies at opposite ends of the cage bc they do like to steal their favorites from one another.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@TriciaLynn, you misunderstand what I said. I never said boars can't live together. We have many, many, many pairs of boars living together on this forum, and a few herds.

What I said is that a threesome of boars is most often a problem. While it can occasionally work, it usually doesn't, and we never recommend that people do it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.