Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hey!

juliacavies

Cavy Slave
hi! I've been stalking this site for a long time but never actually joined. I've got just one girl right now, named Small. Her friend, Chewie, passed away a little under a week ago - It's really been hard on me and I think part of the reason I wanted to join is to find people who understood me and didn't judge me being terribly sad over a rodent. thanks for reading my lil post and I hope to become active on these forums <3

~Julia

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum family, @juliacavies. I do wish it was under better circumstances.

You'll find no other place that better understands your sense of loss, other than this forum. That's one of the reasons we're all here, because of our devotion to our little furry family members. Most of us have lost one, others more than one. I myself had cavies as a child and don't remember much of them, other than their looks and their names.

My first as an adult, I lost a year and a half ago. He was so very, very special to me that I'm still not over his loss. I know I never will be. That said, time has made that pain a little easier to bear. Time may or may not heal all wounds, but it does make them somewhat easier to bear. Grieving the loss of a beloved pet, even "just a rodent" is natural and whether or not anyone in your circle understands it is irrelevant. What you feel is what should be important to you.

I would like to offer my most sincerest condolences for the loss of Chewie. It hurts. I know. We all know. I'm sure he's at the Rainbow Bridge now, making new friends, playing in the sun, and eating whatever he wants. He will wait there until the day you come to get him. In the meantime, cherish the memories you have of him. In that way, he will never be gone.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.