Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Help! Very pregnant piggie!

Nikkivikki

Cavy Slave
I have a sow who is at day 71 of pregnancy. I've heard teeth chattering and can sit and watch her babies move. I've been checking her pelvic bone for separation. Saturday night it was about a half a finger apart but by Sunday it was open about an inch. Checked it Monday and I swear I could feel a baby about an inch or so up from her girl parts. Since then I think the baby shifted down some. I've felt at least 3 baby heads and they are all still moving around. But I thought once you could hear babies and her pelvic bone opened you would have babies. Is this normal that theres still nothing? Is there a way to help her start?
NOT INTENTIONALLY BRED!!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Nope. Just let her do her thing. Babies will come when they will come. Pregnancies don't run on a train schedule. You just have to let nature take its course.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.