Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Random tossing?

Veronica

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! My little girl Buttercup Was lounging in her pigloo, possibly napping, when she started flipping and tossing side to side. I'm not sure what to call it but it was as if she was jumping side to side, but from on her side (if that makes any sense). I was just wondering if I should be worried or if she's just popcorning

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Did she look almost like a little bucking bronco from a rodeo?

Veronica

Cavy Slave
Did she look almost like a little bucking bronco from a rodeo?
No not really, she was quite literally on one side and tossed through the air to her other side.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She COULD be popcorning, but I would honestly have to see it to know for sure. What you're describing sounds somewhat violent. Not to alarm you or anything, it just doesn't sound familiar to me.

Veronica

Cavy Slave
She COULD be popcorning, but I would honestly have to see it to know for sure. What you're describing sounds somewhat violent. Not to alarm you or anything, it just doesn't sound familiar to me.
It did seem to look violent but the second I lifted the pigloo up she stopped and ran off to eat.

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
If she responded right away when you lifted up the pigloo and seemed fine after, I wouldn't think it was seizure or anything scary like that. Is it possible she was dreaming? Tribble used to flap his ears and kick and buck and chew in his sleep.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It may have been like this? I'm not sure since she was in the pigloo, which may also be why it looked so weird because she was popcorning like crazy in the little hiddie?

That's the "little bucking bronco" I was talking about. :)

Veronica

Cavy Slave
That's the "little bucking bronco" I was talking about. :)
Im still not entirely sure, as it was flipping side to side, but I think she may have been sleeping? As I believe she is now and she's doing something similar.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
See if you can catch it on video.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.