Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My boys are fighting PLEASE HELP

Jessica08033

Cavy Slave
Hi, I have two six month old boars. The boys just recently started teeth chattering at each other a little over a month ago, I figured it was just puberty. Two days ago I got two adult females and I let them individually meet each boy just by smelling. After this, the girls started teeth chattering at each other and the boys did as well! Are they fighting over the boys/girls? The girls came with a C&C cage so we decided to make a bigger cage for the boys with what we had left over because the boys were getting too big for the cage they were in. I also thought maybe the small cage was another reason they were teeth chattering. Now I have them in the bigger cage and they are teeth chattering even more! The girls are right below them so I'm sure they can smell them. Are they fighting over them? Are they fighting over dominance of the new cage? The boys usually get a long great so it makes me upset to see them fighting all of a sudden. :sad:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just putting pigs in a new cage can set off dominance squabbles. In your case, it's probably aggravated by them being able to smell the females. But boars do need a LOT of room -- at least 12 square feet for two boars, and more would be better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.