Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

In memory of Margaret

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Very sad to announce that my sweet old girl, Margaret, passed away. She had been declining significantly over the past couple of months, but was managed well with meds and some additional feedings. She crashed last night though and was not doing well at all. My vet and I decided it was just her time, at 7.5 years old, she had had enough. She was humanely euthanized this morning.

She was an amazing girl and will be greatly missed here. I'm so happy I chose to adopt her from the shelter all those years ago, she has been an amazing companion and a lovely guinea pig. I really couldn't ask for more. I'm sad she's gone, but you can't be too upset at the fact that she lived for nearly 8 long years. She has been through a lot over the years, from stones to bloat, but she always had a resilient and positive nature. She taught me a lot and was with me for many important years. Now she's back with her sister Gretchen.

Rest easy Margaret, the pig room won't be the same without you.

Screenshot_20180504-152138_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180401-101139.jpg

Screenshot_20180504-151844_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180504-152254_Gallery.jpg

10407491_10205269394965350_4124380398572494991_n.jpg

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Oh, Sally, I'm sorry. I know how much your girls mean to you, and Margaret has been with you for SUCH a long time. I know she appreciated everything you've done for her, and I know she appreciated that you loved her enough to let her go when she needed you to.

Go and see Gretchen at the Rainbow Bridge, Margaret. Bask in the sun and eat everything you can find, happy and pain free with your sister.

Rest in peace, you beautiful little girl.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. I'm sure she was a very special pig.

Janani.R.S

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost her. She achieved something really big! She reached the age of 7, ( she actually lived more than that ) be happy! You took such good care of her! She is very special, don't forget that. She will always live in your heart. I really hope you feel better.

Rest in Peace, Margaret

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Thank you guys for your support, it really means a lot.

I'm very at peace that it was her time, I had done everything I could to keep her happy, but at the end of the day they just don't last forever. It's comforting knowing she lived a long, full life and that's really all I could hope for any of my pigs.

It's just very strange getting used to not having her here. She became a dedicated part of my routine and suddenly not having to manage her care anymore is so odd. For the past few months she had been on several medications and was getting some supplemental syringed critical twice a day. She was always the first cage I would check on and I would peek on her several times a day when I was home, just to make sure she looked comfortable and well. It's just going to take some getting used to not having her here. All the other girls are getting extra snuggles now.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Sally, I have been away and not keeping up with the Forum. I'm so sorry that Margaret has passed over the Rainbow Bridge. I understand how difficult it must be to lose her. They DO capture a piece of our heart and remain there forever, don't they?

Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Margaret. :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.