Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

URI/Upper Respiratory Infection Does my piggy have an URI?

Conniehu

Cavy Gazer
I recently purchased a baby piggie (she's almost 3 months old) and i've began to notice that she sneezes a lot compared to my other piggie. When i hold her close to my ears I can sometimes hear that her breathing is a little congested and sometimes i hear make these airy noises (like she's blowing stuff out of her nose). I've read up on URIs and my piggie still displays normal behaviour, she's eating a lot still, playing with her friend, she runs around her cage, etc. I'm making a vet appointment but I just wanted to ask what I can do for her :(

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You're already doing what you can do, which is to get her to a vet. Piggies, especially babies, can go downhill in a big hurry from a URI.

Just be sure to see an exotic vet -- small animal vets don't get much training or experience with exotic pets.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.