Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General probably pregnant guinea pig, thoughts?

pennayy

Cavy Slave
LONG POST, sorry. :(

so, i took in some rescues, thought to all be males. i recently found one little boy was a little girl!
she was housed with another male at the rescue. they were together definitely since 3/12, but could have been longer. another male was introduced 4/01.

so if she got pregnant with the first male, who knows how far long she would be, at least 7 weeks.
if she got pregnant from the second male, she would be about 4 weeks.

she?s definitely gotten a bit bigger. feeling gently i honestly think i feel one baby but she is still really small, so i?m not sure if i?m just imagining things. she is definitely lethargic but i?m wondering if it?s because i separated her from the boys? hunger and thirst still seems the same but i?m not sure.

so my main questions are:

she is more than likely pregnant, right?

what are the odds she didn?t get pregnant?

above her vagina, toward her stomach,feels hard. is this her pelvis? or is it swollen? it doesn?t feel like two bones, just one hard piece all around the top.

and lastly, how much does a vet visit / a female spay normally run in the US? if she isnt pregnant then i?d like to get her spayed so they can all be together again. if she is, then depending on the babies i will decide from there. however i am going to try to get her into the vet soon either way, just to be sure and to talk about spaying.

sorry for the long post, and thank you for help!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Here are some guidelines for determining the length of pregnancy. But neither the sows nor the pups can read them, so it's all individual. Kinda like human babies.

You're probably feeling the pelvic ligaments, which will separate just before she goes into labor.

You'll just have to call around about the vet visit. Costs vary widely across the US, and even just within the same city.

pennayy

Cavy Slave
Here are some guidelines for determining the length of pregnancy. But neither the sows nor the pups can read them, so it's all individual. Kinda like human babies.

You're probably feeling the pelvic ligaments, which will separate just before she goes into labor.

You'll just have to call around about the vet visit. Costs vary widely across the US, and even just within the same city.

i?m sorry i don?t see any links on your post for the guidelines.

should i switch her to alfalfa without knowing 100% she?s pregnant? or is it pretty much guaranteed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanmay

Cavy Slave
I too suffered the same thing. And i ended up getting two cute babies this morning.
U can do one thing.
Just lie down on your bed and keep her on your stomach and when she's comfortable put your hand gently on her tummy from above.
If feel something moving inside on ur hand or maybe on ur stomach... She's probably pregnant..
Her hunger would also increase drastically if she's pregnant so take notice of her feeding patterns.

Sent from my IF9031 using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.