Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps Velcro brand Heavy duty stick back non-toxic?

Kaity93

Cavy Gazer
I would like to use the velcro brand industrial strength heavy duty stick back velcro to attach carpet to my guinea pig's new ramp, but it does not say whether it is toxi or not, and I couldn't find the info online either :/

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
No idea about any toxicity, but I have used said velcro for the same purpose in the past when I used carpeting. Cut the velcro slightly smaller than the carpeting and your cavies shouldn't be able to access or chew it.

Take a look at my post on this thread to see an alternative to using carpet.......which gets pretty funky fairly quickly.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...ea-Pig-Owner?p=1002315&highlight=#post1002315

Kaity93

Cavy Gazer
No idea about any toxicity, but I have used said velcro for the same purpose in the past when I used carpeting. Cut the velcro slightly smaller than the carpeting and your cavies shouldn't be able to access or chew it.

Take a look at my post on this thread to see an alternative to using carpet.......which gets pretty funky fairly quickly.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...ea-Pig-Owner?p=1002315&highlight=#post1002315

Great! Thanks for your help. When you say the carpet gets funky. Is that due to them peeing on it? Is it way more difficult to wash than I am imagining?

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
When you say the carpet gets funky. Is that due to them peeing on it? Is it way more difficult to wash than I am imagining?

Yes, invariably they will pee, poop on the ramp. No, it can be washed. I much prefer using the stair tread material which is easily wiped down when you do a full cage clean.

Kaity93

Cavy Gazer
Yes, invariably they will pee, poop on the ramp. No, it can be washed. I much prefer using the stair tread material which is easily wiped down when you do a full cage clean.

Gotcha, that makes sense for sure. Thanks so much for your help!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.