Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

RIP Groot

Pammers2169

Cavy Slave
Groot passed away at midnight, about 20 minutes ago. I didn?t expect him to get through the night so I planned on an all nighter. He was seen by the vet Friday and had a biopsy but the results are still pending.

He stopped eating last week and was fed by syringe for a week. On Friday his lymph nodes were so swallow. The vet suspected lymphoma.

After the biopsy on his back left inner leg area he was dragging himself around with his front legs while hopping with his right leg. It was heartbreaking to see him struggle.

I countinued his feedings. I thought he seemed a little better Saturday. On Sunday morning he had stopped moving. I feed him and gave him pain medication then let him rest.

Before I went to work I cleaned him of urine and poops then fed him. I returned home 5 hours later and his eyes were sunken. I gave him pain medication waited 20 minutes and attempted to feed him but he didn?t swallow. I then knew it was time.

I just held him and we talked, he whimpered every time I stopped petting him. I put him down in the cage at 11:50pm, made a sandwich and started to the living room but then I wanted to see if he had moved.

I found him scooting across the cage using his chin and pushing off the floor with his feet. I asked him ?where are you going Buddy, I told you to rest.? He literally contracted (spasm like) then gasped twice. I then seen him go limp. He passed away.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Sounds like he was a trooper. Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Groot! :love:

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so very sorry you've lost Groot.

He sounds like a real fighter, he fought it with everything he had. I know you did everything you could for him, and I'm sure he knew it too.

Rest in peace, Groot. It's time to find all your new little friends at the Rainbow Bridge, and eat all the delicious green that you can find. Perhaps you'll even meet my Pooper pig.

Rest easy, little fella.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry you've lost him.

Pammers2169

Cavy Slave
IMG_0364.jpg

A picture of Grooty to share. He came to me from a family who no longer wanted him. He was named from a character in a movie by their son. His cage mate is Rocket. I believe they were 1.5 years when I got them. He was about 4 years old. I will miss you big boy!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What a sweet little face. It never ceases to amaze me how people can "just not want" animals any more.

Rocket and Groot are characters in the movie "Guardians of the Galaxy". Groot is definitely guarding it now, the sweet little man.

LightSeeker

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss.

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry for your loss. He was such a handsome little fellow! Thank you for taking him in and giving him a good life.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.