Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guinea pig moisty poop. HELP! URGENT!

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,027 Rec'd/5,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    1977 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3625 Post(s)

Re: Guinea pig moisty poop. HELP! URGENT!

Do NOT feed him whole wheat bread, and do NOT overdo the vegetables. If he's having trouble eating, he should be getting a pellet slurry with only occasional small amounts of veggies.

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Hi, I finally found a vet. He suggested Aciloc-S 10 drops, Vizylac 10 drops and Nor-metrogyl 10 drops. Also Bandy Plus 12-15 drops. My piggy weighs around 450gms. He said my boy has colitis. Is this medication alright for cavies? Please reply asap. He needs quick help.

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Okay and sorry for the late reply. I was busy looking for vet.

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,027 Rec'd/5,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    1977 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3625 Post(s)

Well, the vet is treating your pig for an intestinal problem, but you haven't described any symptoms on here that indicates that he has one. For a pig to be given those meds, I'd expect you to be telling us about gas and bloating.

Aciloc is a probiotic, Nor-metrogyl treats intestinal infections, Bandy is a de-wormer, and Vizylac is a probiotic with vitamins. I definitely wouldn't give the Bandy until you've solved the other problems.

But I don't see how any of these medicines would help with his teeth, which is what you first asked about. The Nor-metrogyl looks to be the most useful, and I'd give the Aciloc or the Vizylac about an hour after giving it.

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    Well, the vet is treating your pig for an intestinal problem, but you haven't described any symptoms on here that indicates that he has one. For a pig to be given those meds, I'd expect you to be telling us about gas and bloating.

Aciloc is a probiotic, Nor-metrogyl treats intestinal infections, Bandy is a de-wormer, and Vizylac is a probiotic with vitamins. I definitely wouldn't give the Bandy until you've solved the other problems.

But I don't see how any of these medicines would help with his teeth, which is what you first asked about. The Nor-metrogyl looks to be the most useful, and I'd give the Aciloc or the Vizylac about an hour after giving it.
    He says that because he's able yo eat selective things like chapati but not hay which is softer in comparison is because he has parasites in his stomach. He wishes to eat but can't because of it. There aren't any vet that I can trust. Life is a gamble here. I'm so disappointed. I can either try that or not try at all.

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,027 Rec'd/5,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    1977 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3625 Post(s)

What about the vet who's supposed to be available after the 5th?

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    What about the vet who's supposed to be available after the 5th?
    I will see him tomorrow... I only saw this vet because, I thought my piggy won't make it till tomorrow. Also I don't have high hopes from the vet I'm supposed to see tomorrow, it's the first time I'm going to see him.

User Tag List