Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions New cage mate!

Cierra_95

Cavy Slave
Still trying to think of a good name but here she is! [emoji242] 20180331_023339.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She's adorable! I hope she makes a wonderful new sister for Squeaky!

LightSeeker

Cavy Slave
She is very much adorable!

I'm terrible with names lol I usually try to stick with themes because I just bite when it comes to coming up with good names :D

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She looks sassy ! Maybe that will fit? Squeaky and Sassy?

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
She's precious! Congrats! lol

Cierra_95

Cavy Slave
I think we've officially decided to name her Iggy!
She is very social! Theyre still in separate cages and she has been talking back and forth with Squeaky. They occasionaly will come up to each other and smell each other as their cages are next to each other. When I took her out to play, she would walk to the end of the bed where squeaky's cage is and almost try to jump in there with her. Squeaky also seems interested but I don't think they're ready to be introduced since it has only been a couple days and it usually takes a couple weeks. I've read articles about how to introduce them and how it has to be a new neutral area with plenty toys and food. But how do you know they're ready to be introduced to eachother? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You would normally do a 21 day quarantine to avoid a possibly Ill new piggy, from infecting your present piggy. They're supposed to be kept in separate cages and rooms until then, but they're already exposed now. I'd just go ahead and introduce them now.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It doesn't take a couple of weeks to introduce pigs. What takes two to three weeks is quarantine, but you've already broken that. You might as well go ahead and introduce them. Here's the best article I know on the subject: https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html

Now, keep all your posts about your pigs on the same thread, please, and don't start new ones. You've said "New Cage Mate" on this one, but with no reference to who the other pig is. It makes it hard for people to follow when there are multiple threads on the same family of pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.