Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Expanding a C&C Cage

pielli0250

Cavy Slave
I am planning to expand my 2 x 4 C & C cage to be a 2 X 5 cage. I don't want to buy new coroplast and instead would like to use the existing floor and attach it to a 2X3 that I have that don't use anymore so I can recycle the plastic from the old cage.

My plan was to cut up the old cage and then tape it together to the existing 2 x 4 at the bottom which will be under the fleece where the pigs can't chew on it.

Has anyone on here done that? I am just curious if there is a different way to connect them besides tape

Or has anyone recycled coroplast into anything else for the pigs? I suppose I can use it to make a ramp and upper level for the new cage.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Plenty of people use tape. Just put it underneath or outside where the pigs can't get to it. They think it's better than candy.

Iwishiwasjill

Cavy Gazer
I have my coroplast taped. I had to because it's 96" long with sides. On the bottom I taped the top and bottom. I use fleece and they don't burrow so I know they won't get to it. On the sides I only put tape on the outside and used the plastic binder slides on the edges (I have a chewer) but it helps hold everything together as well.

pielli0250

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much for the tips! On Thursday my guinea pig Cookie passed away (she had Lymphosarcoma), her 5th birthday would have been this Easter Sunday. My husband and I are going to a rescue on Sunday to get some companions for my remaining pig snickers who seems so lonely since she passed. It is so sad to loose her as she was my first guinea pig and she gave us so much love. Here is a picture of her. cookie.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am so very sorry about Cookie. She was an adorable little girl, she looks so content in that picture.

I'm sure Snickers will be happy with her new companion(s).

Rest in peace, Cookie. Know you were loved, little girl.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry you lost Cookie.

LightSeeker

Cavy Slave
So sorry you lost Cookie!

Iwishiwasjill

Cavy Gazer
I'm so sorry for your loss!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.