Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Clarification please

Reaper7534

Cavy Gazer
I have a 1 layer of anti-pill fleece from Joann fabrics and 2 layer of Uhaul pads beneath ( have tried two also ).

The fleece was washed 4 times in hot water with All Free & Clear detergent. Then was washed 3 more times with All and vinegar. No fabric softener was ever used. The Uhaul pad was washed 3 times with All and vinegar. I dried the fleece and pad after each wash. When I test water does not pool up on top and the second later does absorb, but the fleece is still damp. How long should it take to completely dry ?

Reaper7534

Cavy Gazer
If I understand your question completely your fleece will always be slightly damp. The water will go through the fleece and into the pad but your fleece will still maintain just a little moisture. I change my cages every other day and even with that, I find that my fleece will be damp in the area that my pigs urinate in the most. The u-haul pad underneath will soak up most of the dampness but the fleece will never be completely dry to the touch in the areas that your pigs use the most. That is why liners in those areas will really help. It's so much easier to just change out a liner that is soiled than it is to do a complete cage change.

I hope this helps and I apologize if I misunderstood your question.

You were spot on.....within about 10 minutes the fleece was completely dry, I guess I was just a little impatient

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.