Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Are these normal behaviors

LeeLee79

Cavy Gazer
Saturday we brought home our little guy Gadget, we are new piggy parents so are unsure if the behaviors we are seeing are normal. We have a set play time every night after dinner and we have noticed during this time some behaviors. He tends to like to nibble on our finger tips, my husbands facial hair, and glasses, he seems to twitch then jump as hes running around his toys, and when he gets startled he runs to me and hides his face against me. He also seems to love my hair ties and trying to get them out of my hair. Are these normal behaviors I'm mainly worried about the twitching but it only seems to happen during play time.

rmeht

Cavy Slave
I'm a fairly new piggie owner and my guy loves to nibble and lick, he usually nibbles less after he eats his morning veggies. Maybe he is twitching in preparation to jumping? My guy always hops and jumps and acts all twitchy when he's super excited about more hay or if he hears me opening the pellet bag. It actually makes me happy when I see him like this because I know I am making him excited and happy about something!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

rmeht

Cavy Slave
....but don't let him nibble on you. It's far easier to prevent a bad habit from forming than it is to break it afterwards.

This is very good to know.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.