Thanks
    Thanks
    79 Rec'd/64 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

How to separate for feeding pellets

After thinking it over, I've finally decided to get another pig for my older boar.

I called the GP rescue 2 hours from me where I've adopted twice before and made arrangements to come up on the 31st. The lady who runs the rescue recently took in a bunch of baby pigs from an animal shelter, so I'll probably be adopting a boar pup for my old boy. 😁

It may be a little early to be planning, but I just have one big question I want to try and sort out now if I can. The pup is going to be on alfalfa pellets until he's 6 months, and I definitely do NOT want Tribble sharing pellets with him. How can I arrange to keep them separated so that the pup can eat all the pellets he needs without Tribble getting to them?

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,314 Rec'd/5,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    2041 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3903 Post(s)

Re: How to separate for feeding pellets

Feed them both timothy pellets, and take the pup out for a sprig or two of parsley or kale per day.

3. "Thank you, bpatters, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    79 Rec'd/64 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Re: How to separate for feeding pellets

Oh, okay! So, is the only difference between the adult and the young cavy pellet formula that the young cavy formula is alfalfa-based instead of timothy-based? The rest of the ingredients between the two look more or less the same. Is the alfalfa what gives it the boost in calcium and protein? (I'm just curious...)

User Tag List