Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Liners Mattress Protector vs incontinence pads

rmeht

Cavy Slave
Do you guys think a mattress protector would work similar to a Uhaul pad or an incontinence pad? I plan on making some fleece liners soon, and I?m just wondering if any of you have tried it.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Before I used pellets, I used mattress pads for the absorbent layer. Cotton-blend ones work better than all plastic.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Do you guys think a mattress protector would work similar to a Uhaul pad or an incontinence pad? I plan on making some fleece liners soon, and I?m just wondering if any of you have tried it.

You cannot/should not use incontinence pads sewn into fleece! They have an absorbent layer on one side and a waterproof on the other. What is your objection to using uHaul pads? They are huge, very absorbent, and quite economical.

In answer to your question, I see no reason that mattress pads wouldn't work.

rmeht

Cavy Slave
I don’t have an objection, I was just curious. I would assume an incontinence pad would be fine as long as you knew which way was up?

rmeht

Cavy Slave
Before I used pellets, I used mattress pads for the absorbent layer. Cotton-blend ones work better than all plastic.

Do you find pellets work better? I’m trying to decide how I want to set up my cage, and I’m wondering which method would be better in the long run.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I can't imagine anything that would ever make me switch from pellets.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
I use purpose made liners with uhaul sewn between fleece, but I also use incontinence pads, and just wrap the wicked fleece around them. Both work equally well, but once the incontinence pads have been purchased, I believe it works out cheaper to use them, plus you can just go buy about 2 and a half yards of fleece on sale, thereby extending your fleece choices. I don't personally sew my liners as they're too big for me to deal with, so it can get expensive really quickly when you have to purchase them ready made.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.