Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits She bites me

Slamb

Cavy Slave
My rabbit is the sweetest girlie ever! She bites me and my husband when we stop petting her. I know that it's get saying "Hey I was NOT done yet! I still want pets!", but it hurts. I've read where if you squeal loudly they'll learn not to bite, but to be softer about getting attention, but it hasn't worked hardly. She's cut back on the biting, but she still does it. It's sad to say, but I don't trust her behind me or close to my side because that's where she bites me. Does anyone have any tips on how to get her to stop? I have an appointment to take her back to the vet for her 10 day check up. She was spayed just last week. I plan on asking the vet for advice on how to get her to stop, but if love to have some options of things to get incase some don't work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FailedFoster

Cavy Slave
Hello! I asked my friends at a local bunny rescue, and here's what they had to say:

"Since she was just spayed she might get better about the nippings once her hormones calm down, usually about a month after. You can also try pressing her head to the ground when she nips, I’ve read that’s what mama buns do to their babies. Good luck!"

Hope this helps!

Slamb

Cavy Slave
Hello! I asked my friends at a local bunny rescue, and here's what they had to say:

"Since she was just spayed she might get better about the nippings once her hormones calm down, usually about a month after. You can also try pressing her head to the ground when she nips, I?ve read that?s what mama buns do to their babies. Good luck!"

Hope this helps!
That is awesome! Thank you so much!!! I usually just take my pointer finger and lightly tap her on the head. I mean it's light, it wouldn't faze a fly. I do it to get her attention and then I tell her no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FailedFoster

Cavy Slave
Sure thing! Apparently pushing their head down shows that you're top bun. They also said that it may take a while, but she should stop nibbling!

Another person said that "I know you didn't mean to hurt me but you are" in bunny language is a high-pitched, loud EEEP! Maybe that could work as well?

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get it. :)

benson

Cavy Gazer

"Since she was just spayed she might get better about the nippings once her hormones calm down, usually about a month after. You can also try pressing her head to the ground when she nips, I’ve read that’s what mama buns do to their babies. Good luck!"

Hope this helps!

Great advice!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.