Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Cage Upgrade!

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
Just upgraded my c and c cage more fleece for the tip level arriving soon :) anything for the piggies! Orange loft: before purple after

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Happy to see that you now have a 2x2 loft! I have found that a 1x any size just doesn't work.

Why not consider making the loft an offset loft so that it is much easier to clean under the loft? If you make it really sturdy, you won't need any added support beneath the overhang. Here's a graphic depicting what I did. First is with a support, second is without. My loft has no added support under the overhang......not even the angled piece.

Offset loft design.jpg Offset loft design - altered.jpg

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
Happy to see that you now have a 2x2 loft! I have found that a 1x any size just doesn't work.

Why not consider making the loft an offset loft so that it is much easier to clean under the loft? If you make it really sturdy, you won't need any added support beneath the overhang. Here's a graphic depicting what I did. First is with a support, second is without. My loft has no added support under the overhang......not even the angled piece.

View attachment 84313 View attachment 84314
Thank you so much, my sister who cleans the cage was worried about this. We may implement it soon

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.