Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Guinea pig back leg super swollen and won't use

So I noticed my guinea pig, Lacey, was not putting any pressure or using her back right foo Tuesday night. So I picked her up and examined her and I felt that her ankle was very swollen. I called the vet the next day and had her scheduled for thursday. By Thursday morning her whole foot had swelled up as well. Thursday comes and I gt her in and had x Ray's done.

Her leg is not broken thank God but he said that there was liquid around her joints and that her bone density was low.( He said it could be because of the liquid). He then gave me bayrtill to give every 12 hours for 2 weeks and to call if she doesn't get any better by monday. If not she had to go back in the get it drained.

I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to their pigs? And what you guys did to help them feel better? And how long should it take for the spelling to go down? Also she is in a 2x3 c and c cage with a divider to another pigs cage because they don't get along so I don't believe that my other pig could've done anything.

I just want my baby to feel better and I just don't know what to do to help. I'll attach some pictures as well!

The hurt foot is the one with the pink pad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laceys.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	84311
    Last edited by 2piggies1; 03-09-18 at 07:05 pm.

User Tag List