Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Where to get wood pellets in Australia

itsjustmeuc

Cavy Slave
Hi All,

I have been reading a few posts about wood pellets and how great they can be under fleece however all the posts are from the US. I note some of the posts note you can use Horse Bedding pellets does anyone know if that is the same here in Aus? If so assume I would get these from a feed store?

many thanks Bek

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Yes you can use horse stall pellets, just make sure that they are either hardwood or pine, and if they are pine that they don't have a strong odour. I do believe you can get them at fodder stores who have a good range of horse goods here in australia (not all do). Proteq equine bedding seems to be one of the bigger brands of pine horse stall pellets around Australia.

Last edited:

itsjustmeuc

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much Soecara. I have a fodder store that has a lot of horsey stuff not too far away so I might give them a call!!

boosta

Cavy Slave
Haven't tried proteq but did so with horsemate wood pellets (same thing as catmate) from fodder shop and the smell is definitely reduced.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.