Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage New cage additions

failur3byh3art

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! So since I'm in the process of upgrading my girls cage I need some ideas on a small second floor. I notice some people use tables in their cage to act as a base for a second floor and install plexiglass. I had previously used grids as a second floor with a coroplast ramp and half of my piggies loved it but I'm thinking of adopting the idea of using or building a table. What would you all recommend? Are there any good small tables anyone can recommend? Their current cage is 4x10 which houses 8 sows. I recently put together a hayrack and new wooden house for them

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd use closet shelving. One edge is reinforced, and it could be the long, unsupported edge. The other could rest on one wall of the cage.

failur3byh3art

Cavy Slave
You think closet shelving would be best? I think I'll try that instead! I have a ton of room to work with but I noticed when I have a wood set up my girls tend to use it much more than a grid set up which is really strange. I'm finally off work for the next few days so I'll be able to gather a bunch of material and start building

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.