Thanks
    Thanks
    25 Rec'd/22 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

New cage additions

Hello everyone! So since I'm in the process of upgrading my girls cage I need some ideas on a small second floor. I notice some people use tables in their cage to act as a base for a second floor and install plexiglass. I had previously used grids as a second floor with a coroplast ramp and half of my piggies loved it but I'm thinking of adopting the idea of using or building a table. What would you all recommend? Are there any good small tables anyone can recommend? Their current cage is 4x10 which houses 8 sows. I recently put together a hayrack and new wooden house for them

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,023 Rec'd/5,576 Posts
    Mentioned
    1977 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3623 Post(s)

Re: New cage additions

I'd use closet shelving. One edge is reinforced, and it could be the long, unsupported edge. The other could rest on one wall of the cage.

Thanks
    Thanks
    25 Rec'd/22 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Re: New cage additions

You think closet shelving would be best? I think I'll try that instead! I have a ton of room to work with but I noticed when I have a wood set up my girls tend to use it much more than a grid set up which is really strange. I'm finally off work for the next few days so I'll be able to gather a bunch of material and start building

User Tag List