Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Biting Ivermectin Dosage help

Tbguinea00

Cavy Gazer
Hello! I?m new here. I would like help administering ivermectin to my guinea pigs as they have been scratching and biting themselves quite a bit. I can?t afford to take them to the vet for another few months as I am between jobs. My first guinea Pig (Bear) weighs 950grams and my other (Tiger) weighs in at 785grams. I bought the aspen ivermax pour on for cattle. 250ml 5mg of ivermectin per ml. I?m terrible at math and wouldn?t want to overdose my little guys. I want to try this first if it doesn?t help I will have to use my emergency credit card to take them to the vet. Thank You. I have a 1cc syringe as well. All feedback is welcome! If this is posted incorrectly please remove it.

Tbguinea00

Cavy Gazer
Thank you for your response! So does that mean .095 and .078 doses behind their ears?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yes. Apply it on the bald spot, fold the ear over, and rub it in.

Just doublecheck to make sure it's 5 mg per milliliter.

Tbguinea00

Cavy Gazer
It is. I just gave them their doses. Thanks for all of your help! I’ll keep an eye on them and in a week give them another dose. Hopefully this helps their itching I can’t stand to see them scratching so much.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Actually, they need three (or four, if it's a bad infestation) doses, each a week apart, to hit all the life cycle of the mites.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.