Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits I'm abusing my rabbit and need help getting him to a safe home.

empty

Cavy Gazer
Hey, I've been having a rough few years and not being treated i now have an impulse that im rather ashamed of. Now before i say this i love my rabbit, i love him so so so so very much and wish nothing but the best for him which is why i need someone to take him off my hands.

He is not safe with me given my current mental state. I don't take proper care of him, some of his fur is matted and my room isn't a safe environment and im scared im going to harm him badly for no good reason. It's like a switch goes off in my brain and i have to watch my body act on auto pilot as i can do nothing watch as it happens.

I need to focus on my mental health and he needs to experience proper love and care for once because he deserves it. Idk how to tell my parents about what I've been doing i kinda wanna just hand him to someone and tell them he ran away because they're attached to him planning to get a partner and a cage but i don't want to harm a second i just want him loved.

He's medium sized with medium length fur that is white and grey. He's around five years old, not fixed. Energy is medium, he'll run around and play but he'll also relax for hours. He loves attention and being touched. If anyone has any information on how i can get him into the hands of someone better for him please let me know, i just want him to be happy.

stray hares

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi empty, I'm sorry to hear that you're having those kinds of issues, but thank you for wanting to do the right thing by your bunny. Depending on what country you live in there may be different options. Can you give more details as to where you live? (Not a specific address of course, just country and maybe the city or general area?)

Please also try to work out a way to get help yourself. If it helps, sometimes writing a letter or e-mail to your parents can be easier than talking to them in person. It is really important though that you get some help for you too and not only for your bunny though.

FailedFoster

Cavy Slave
Hello empty,

I am so sorry to hear you're struggling, but know that you are doing the best thing for your bun by trying to rehome. I second stray hares above; can you give us the city, state, and country you're in? We'll do our best to help find some options for you.

~FailedFoster

empty

Cavy Gazer
Oh thank you guys, i'm sorry i went silent for a little while but things have been arranged. I do see a therapist and once i told her she informed my parents and the rabbit is out of my room and far from me so that if i have an impulse it's not taken out on him. would still like to know places to take him in case this isn't something that can resolved within a few months or so, i'm not sure if it was a mental breakdown or something i'm gonna have to live with at the moment so if it's a permanent or long term thing i'd want to move him completely out of the house and not just with my parents. I don't wanna get too specific but i live in The U.S in georgia close to atlanta if you know any rescue places near there? Thank you so much for helping, you're both great people.

FailedFoster

Cavy Slave
Sure thing! I can post a little later today with some places.

stray hares

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Georgia House Rabbit Society (https://www.houserabbitga.com) and Hop Along Home ((broken link removed)) are two rabbit-focused rescues based around Atlanta I think that might be able to help if you contact them? FailedFoster might be able to come up with a few more too. :) Good luck, I hope things work out for you and your bunny, and that there's a solution that means you both can be safe and happy.

FailedFoster

Cavy Slave
Looks like the Best Friends Pet Adoption Center takes in rabbits, as does the Atlanta Humane Society, Fulton County Animal Services, and the LifeLine Animal Project. If I were you, I'd start out with the rabbit-focused groups stray hares found and then move on to the generic ones I listed. Plus, with a massive bun rescue effort taking place from Las Vegas to all over the US, a bun-specific rescue will have more buns and may be able to find a good buddy for your rabbit.

benson

Cavy Gazer
Georgia House Rabbit Society (https://www.houserabbitga.com) and Hop Along Home ((broken link removed)) are two rabbit-focused rescues based around Atlanta I think that might be able to help if you contact them? FailedFoster might be able to come up with a few more too. :) Good luck, I hope things work out for you and your bunny, and that there's a solution (broken link removed) means you both can be safe and happy.
Thanks for the link!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.