Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Questions About Your Piggies

PriscillaTheGP

Cavy Gazer
I am looking for a list of supplies to get for floor time, I already have the toys and a comfortable bedding like a blanket or fleece. What else do I need, for guinea pig satisfaction?

PriscillaTheGP

Cavy Gazer
Is there any grids in the guinea pig cages store I can buy? Or should I use the grids from the original cage?

PriscillaTheGP

Cavy Gazer
Is a midwest cage perfect for two guinea pigs? I am thinking of upgrading to a bigger cage for them. I made a list of things that can keep the guinea pigs happy like a midwest mezzanine, two pigloos, a fleece forest, and more. I already have a couple things my guinea pigs can enjoy themselves in, but since they are going to grow bigger soon I might as well get a bigger cage.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The cage is barely the minimum for one pig, never mind two.

Pigs don't need a mezzanine, they need a flat space to run in.

Don't use pigloos unless you cut another hole in them. They're just invitations for one pig to trap another and get its nose slashed. The air circulation in them is terrible, and the pig just winds up breathing the vapors from its own waste.

PriscillaTheGP

Cavy Gazer
Yea, I was wondering about that pigloo if it was good to get one or not. I was unsure about that mezzanine if they really need that or not, thanks.

Guinea_Pig2

Cavy Slave
Am I the only newbie on this website? I kind of feel ashamed, because this is my first guinea pig.
I'm new!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.