Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Seven fun articles in the Guinea Pig News now!

williampianist

Cavy Slave
Hi, new member here. My younger son William (7th grader) just loves Guinea pigs. He named them Hazel and Ginger. Every time he comes back from school, first thing would be to pick up one of them and interact. When he makes a poster project he'd be talking about Guinea pigs. When he draws, it'd be about Guinea pigs (see the profile picture).

A couple weeks ago, he started something called "Guinea Pig News" on his school Google sites. He shared it with me and I laughed a lot. It was quite impressive for his age: good writing (I'm never biased when it comes to my kids btw ;), funny, with a healthy dose of satire too (I was surprised but he's witty). I pushed him to share with others but he's too shy. So I made this account for him, and copied the articles onto his website (previous website issue resolved), and hopefully you guys would find it funny and encourage him to write more. I will encourage him to directly reply here too, if anyone has any question/comment. Thanks!

The Guinea Pig News are at: https://www.william-liu.com/category/guinea-pig-news/ (please start with "About Guinea Pig News" and use the link at bottom of each post to read in sequence, as some of them should be read in order).

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
He's such an imaginative young fella! Great articles! Way to go, William!

DalyasCavyCrew

Cavy Slave
He reminds me of a slightly younger me, haha! I'm now in 9th grade but his passion is the same as mine. I really enjoyed reading his articles and I hope he knows exactly how talented and funny he is. I see a bright future for him :)

williampianist

Cavy Slave
Thanks! William is in 7th and much encouraged by the kind words of both of you. I'll encourage him to reply on the forums himself.BTW

BTW in case one wants a preview of what articles are offered, these are the titles of the 7 articles so far:

1. “These humans have kept us as pets for too long,” says enraged Guinea Pig deputy.
2. Guinea Pig Rioting in New York City starts again, mayor in panic
3. Pu Flu epidemic worst in 30 years, says CDC guinea pig scientist.
4. Guinea Pig President Sally Stalk’s approval rating at all time low, find out why
5. Many new self driving Lamboar-guinea pigs on the roads now, according to guinea pig transportation expert
6. Thieving guinea pig allegedly stole passerby’s lettuce, was soon caught after leaving a trail of urine
7. Large asteroid spotted hurtling towards Earth, can our piggies stop it?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.