Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage What are the best options for store-bought cages?

Malice

Cavy Slave
Hi all,

I'm new to being an owner, but I love my little Luna dearly. That said, she's grown up by herself for her one year of life and I want to get her a little companion as I fear boredom hits her pretty hard.

I'll prioritize this thread for questions about the cage. I have this one in the X-Large variety-->https://www.amazon.com/Living-World...=1518033455&sr=8-2&keywords=living+world+cage

I fear it'll be too small for another pig unfortunately, but I simply do not have the time or space to build a cage. So how limited are my options for going store-bought? In the pictures too, you can see my cage barely fits on to my desk there. Is there any way to keep the new cage on there and possibly purchase some kind of cage stand for either side that extends over the width of the desk? That really is the only place for my piggie with my current living situation.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Attachments

thumbnail.jpg thumbnail-2.jpg thumbnail-1.jpg

Malice

Cavy Slave

Medina

Cavy Gazer
WHOA that cage is so cool!! Bookmarking :love:

Medina

Cavy Gazer
Okay so... I actually have the same cage as you, but I have the XL and I LOVE it for my two piggies.
I'm like you - super limited on space. The only place for my piggies is in my office and my office has to be a functional space.
Additionally, we have one dog who can reach the cage, so something pet-proof was a must. She's never been interested in them at all, but better to be safe.
So an open C&C wouldn't work, either.
My point is - I can relate, so I suggest getting this same cage in the XL size. (broken link removed)
It takes up more space, and it'll go over the edges, but should still fit well on the desk you currently have yours on.
Note: So that they don't feel cramped, I give them play time in a mini-fence with lots of floor space when I work in my office.
Here's photos of my two pigs in the XL and the shelf I keep it on (it's an Ikea Kallax shelf if you wanted to know.)
IMG_20171129_181650.jpg IMG_20171129_181619.jpg

BlueDaisy62

Cavy Gazer
this is totally off topic and im sorry but im new to this site and was wondering if anyone could tell me how i can start a thred/ask a queston. Just as an actually helpful comment too maybe, ive heard that those are actually pretty decent (the cage pictured) but if possible i would def try to build your own either C and C or even wood because its going to be a lot cheaper, bigger, and customizable to the space you have

advil zyrtec

Cavy Slave
Just go to amazon and get a midwest cage. I saw it last time at $30 and I'm pretty sure it fits the cage size requirements

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
No, Midwest cages don't fit the cage recommendations. They're not large enough for one pig, much less two.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.