Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

This old Cheeseman

Tgrady

Cavy Slave
This poor old piggy. He?s almost 4, and this past year has not been kind to him. Back in June he suffered from heat exhaustion. Since September he has gradually lost over a pound. He has a lump on his neck that the vet cannot identify. His ladyfriend passed about two and a half months ago. And the only change in his behavior, is that he doesn?t talk the way he used to.
These days he only wheeks to voice his displeasure at being picked up, but Cheesy still enjoys his simple pleasures.
IMG_4096.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I've been wondering how Cheesy's been doing.

That's a LOT of weight to lose in 4 months. What has the vet said?

Tgrady

Cavy Slave
I've been wondering how Cheesy's been doing.

That's a LOT of weight to lose in 4 months. What has the vet said?

Well the vet says he likes Cheesy?s weight now since apparently he used to be more chunky than he would have liked. Even if it?s not good, he doesn?t seem unhappy so I?m not going to put him through exploratory surgeries or anything. He?s had a full life. I don?t like the idea of him dying, but I?ve spent enough vet visits hearing, "we can?t really tell what?s wrong, unless we do *insert expensive process*?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Well the vet says he likes Cheesy?s weight now since apparently he used to be more chunky than he would have liked. Even if it?s not good, he doesn?t seem unhappy so I?m not going to put him through exploratory surgeries or anything. He?s had a full life. I don?t like the idea of him dying, but I?ve spent enough vet visits hearing, "we can?t really tell what?s wrong, unless we do *insert expensive process*?

As long as he seems healthy and happy, that's the main thing. Has he really lost 450 grams in 4 months, though? That would scare the crap out of me. None of us like the idea of losing our pigs, though it will ultimately happen.

He certainly seems to enjoy his carrots, though. How is his appetite?

Tgrady

Cavy Slave
As long as he seems healthy and happy, that's the main thing. Has he really lost 450 grams in 4 months, though? That would scare the crap out of me. None of us like the idea of losing our pigs, though it will ultimately happen.

He certainly seems to enjoy his carrots, though. How is his appetite?

It might not have been that quickly. It could have been more gradual, but I just noticed in September. His appetite is as rigorous as ever. Never seen a man so excited for salad

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
As long as he eats and eats lots, that's awesome. He's a cute little fella. He looks like a wizened old soul.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Awwww, what an adorable little guy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.