Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General I think my guinea pigs is pregnant again???

Vxr300

Cavy Gazer
Mid last year my neighbour gave me two guinea pigs just before moving across town as they were given them and were unable to keep them in their new house. At the time I was told that they were both male, and I was dumb and didn?t look into it much, but weeks later I realised I had a male and female and that the female (Mooey) was already pregnant. She gave birth to three female and one male and I seperated the boy 3/4 wee like I was told and I put him in a seperate cage with his dad (gibble).
Today while I was cleaning out their cage I realised Mooey was kind of pear shaped and t looked like she has balls on either side of her. I?m not sure how this could have happened. The three guinea pigs that are in the cage with her are all female and I moved the boy when I was told to. I feel extremely girly and upset because I love her a lot and I want her to live the best life possible but I also feel like I?ve been so dumb and I didn?t do enough for her.

does she look pregnant to you?

Attachments

288FD450-0ABA-476B-B52F-76C7B9A90844.jpg

miniver

Cavy Slave
Most guinea pigs are that shape. I have one girl who is very round around the middle. As long as she is eating and pooping (no signs of bloat) she may just be a full-figured gal. :)

On another topic...Is that her usual cage floor? Their little feet can get caught in the wires. You need to have a solid floor. It's much saver and comfortable for them.

Vxr300

Cavy Gazer
Most guinea pigs are that shape. I have one girl who is very round around the middle. As long as she is eating and pooping (no signs of bloat) she may just be a full-figured gal. :)

On another topic...Is that her usual cage floor? Their little feet can get caught in the wires. You need to have a solid floor. It's much saver and comfortable for them.

No thats an old cage I was given, I just put her in there while I clean her one

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Maybe, maybe not. But turn them all over and compare their private parts to make sure you don't have males and females together.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.